Pedro Menendez High School Counseling Department
Parent Resource for Students in Crisis: Click Here
School Counseling Office Hours: 8am to 4pm (Summer Hours: 7:30am to 3:30pm)
Welcome to Pedro Menendez School Counseling Department’s website! Our school counseling team offers a comprehensive program to all students at PMHS. High school is an exciting time, which brings change and sometimes challenges for students and families. We are a resource for students, parents, and teachers and we invite you to contact us at anytime.
Counselors provide the following services:
- New Student Registration/Scheduling
- Academic Advising
- Student Scheduling
- Parent Teacher Conferences
- Scholarship Resources
- College information and planning
- Career Research
- Referral for students in crisis
- Testing Administration
- Post-secondary planning
- Dual Enrollment & AP information and registration
“Future Falcon Registration Info Night”Thursday, Feb 25 6:30 PM
Meeting ID: 996 3445 6320
Click on the link above to find out more information about the topics below.
- Who is my student’s counselor?
- Graduation Requirements
- Scheduling Requirements
- How to get college credit in HS
- Registration schedule/process
- Elective options and requirements
- How to prepare for registration
Federal Student Aid Website: https://studentaid.gov/
Students can now order their transcripts through Parchment from 2018 to present. Watch this video for instructions on how to order them. If you need transcripts from 2017 or earlier, please email Rebecca Cosgrove at [email protected] or call her at 904-547-7137.
Best Colleges Test Prep Guides”
SAT Prep Guide: https://www.bestcolleges.com/resources/sat-prep/
ACT Prep Guide: https://www.bestcolleges.com/resources/act-prep/
SAT or ACT?
Should I take the SAT or the ACT? There isn’t one right answer. It is recommended all students take both to determine which is the correct fit—for them. To help them choose, Kaplan is hosting free practice tests that allow attendees to try every section on both tests and see which is right for them.
Click on a link above to find out how to register.
If you would like to set up an appointment to meet with your school counselor, please contact the school counseling secretary. To email your counselor or any other person in the School Counseling Office, click on their last name below.
Stephanie Toffaletti 904-547-8665
IB and Last Names A – D
Megan Crawshaw 904-547-8673
ESE and Last Names E – L
Meredith Masiak 904-547-8689
AVID and Last Names M – Z
Christine Kelley 904-547-8667
School Counseling Department Secretary
Provides the following services:
- New student registration & proof of residency
- Scheduling of parent/teacher conferences
- Scheduling of student/counselor appointments
- Responds to parent inquiries
- Initiates student withdrawals
Chris Cofield 904-547-8681
International Baccalaureate (IB) Program Coordinator & IB Testing
Testing Coordinator (PSAT, FSA, EOC, PERT & ELL)
Elizabeth Purtill 904-547-8666
Jaci Racano 904-547-8687
Computer Operator/Records Clerk
Patrice Shumaker 904-547-8663
Provides the following services:
- Maintains student records
- HAC (Home Access Center) Accounts/Issues
- Requests student transfer records
- Coordinates college admissions visits
- Sends transcripts to colleges
- Maintains health /shot records