PMHS Girls Soccer-LADY FALCONS
All North Florida First Team – Congratulations!!!!!!!
- G Alana Shew-A-Tjon, Menendez, Sr.
- Comment: Strong leadership, 103-save season lifted Falcons to playoff debut
- All North Florida Second Team – Congratulations!!!!!!!
- M Emma Voigt, Menendez, Jr.
- F Allie McMandon, Menendez, Jr.
- M Shelby Brim, Menendez, Jr – Honorable Mention
- All County First Team – Congratulations!!!
- Allie McMandon, junior, winger/forward: Menendez: She led the Falcons with 19 goals and assisted five others as the Falcons made the playoffs for the first time in school history. She also scored the opener in Menendez’s regional quarterfinal loss to Stanton.
- Emma Voigt, junior, midfielder, Menendez: The UNF commitment scored 17 goals and assisted 18 others to help the Falcons finish 13-5 and advance to the playoffs for the first time.
- Alana Shew-A-Tjon, senior, goalie, Menendez: Statistically, her record was 12-4, and she produced a 1.19 goals against average, while recording 103 saves as well as eight shutouts. But, Shew-A-Tjon’s leadership throughout the season, and the timing of her biggest performances, were more important than her stats.
- All County Second Team – Congratulations!!!
- Shelby Brim, St. Joseph WRONG….Menendez!!
- Morgan Schooley, Menendez
IMPORTANT INFORMATION for Summer:
Contact Information – be sure I have your and your parents current contact information (e-mail and text).
Summer Captains: Maddy Klein and Emma Voigt were voted to be Summer Captains
- Fall conditioning will begin in September
- Tryouts will start Oct 16, 2017
- You MUST have a current physical (at least within the last year). I will be getting an approved list from Mrs. Taylor. You also MUST have a consent form (EL3) within the last year (see attached). These are not negotiable. If you do not have both of these you can NOT participate.
- Please invite any and all new/potential players (as long as they are registered for attending Pedro)
- Participation is expected for returning players in at least 70% of summer activities.
- You should be strength training/conditioning at least 2-3 times/week. We will do this when we are together but you should be doing at least 1-2 days on your own.
- We will begin the summer with Baseline FITNESS TESTING.
- IT IS VERY IMPORTANT that you come to Fitness Testing.
Summer Schedule: – This is a tentative schedule.
Mondays– 1:30-3:00pm – PMHS weight room (~1x/month we will do beach training instead of weight room)
June 5 – fitness testing June 12 June 19 June 26 July 3 – OFF July 10 July 17 July 24 July 26
Wednesday evenings 6:00 – 7:30pm – we will be scrimmaging and doing small sided games with St. Aug high. We will alternate locations.
June 7 – St. Augustine June 14 – Pedro June 21- St. Aug June 28- Pedro July 5 – OFF July 12 – St. Aug July 19 – Pedro July 26 – St. Aug
Optional weekly mentoring gathering at coffee shop or cafe with Coach Schooley and Coach Waldrop. Times and days to be announced weekly.
Please e-mail Coach Schooley if you have questions.
Head Coach – Megann Schooley email@example.com
Assistant Coach – Danielle Bruner Mary.Bruner@stjohns.12.fl.us